The absolute easiest and best way to keep your finger to the pulse of the Z Space is to join our Z Mail email list. You'll receive exclusive ticketing deals, be the first to know about show listings, and get insider interviews and sneak peeks. To sign up click here.
Internships / Volunteers
Z Space offers exciting internships for students and recent graduates looking for hands-on experience in the theatre. A typical internship is rotational; interns experiences multiple fields in their time at Z Space, but they can also be tailored to fit an applicant's specific interests and time constraints. In the event that Z Space is soliciting a specific internship, a link will be posted on this page.
We also welcome volunteers in all activities: ushering, promoting in the field, online, or on the phone, helping out backstage on the productions themselves...everything is fair game for people interested in theater, learning, and contributing to the cultural life of the Bay Area.
For information on Interships or volunteering, contact Z Space Operations Manager Jack Morse at email@example.com.
Z Space is currently hiring for the position of Part Time Youth Arts Program Associate. Please see the bottom of this page for a full job description.
Z Space occasionally has open shifts for floor staff and bar tenders. If you are interested, please contact Z Space Operations Manager Jack Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Z Space welcomes donations of all sizes. You can donate online, by mail, over the phone, or by fax. Because Z is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, all donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. To find out more, click here.
Z Space seeks enthusiastic and passionate individuals to serve on its Board of Directors and help to design our future as an important cultural asset in San Francisco. We are looking to recruit new members with experience in Finance, Business Development, Fundraising, Contract and Entertainment law or just plain good, hard work.
• Organizational advisement
• Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
• Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
• Review of organizational and programmatic reports
• Promotion of the organization
• Fundraising and outreach
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Lori Laqua at email@example.com.
Part Time Youth Arts Program Associate (Open Position)
Z Space and Word for Word is looking for a part-time Youth Arts (YA) Program Associate to coordinate the Youth Arts literacy-through-theater in schools program beginning October 1, 2015. Primary responsibilities include: coordinating all residencies and outreach events; cultivating short and long-term partnerships with schools; overseeing of a team of teaching artists (TAs); developing curriculum/materials; assisting with budgeting, grant writing, and payroll/employee paperwork for TAs; and working with Z Space staff and board to build connections between YA and the larger community.
What is Essential:
• Experience in the classroom as a teacher or teaching artist (minimum 3 years)/Education background: Know what happens in a classroom and public school system – how to manage a class effectively, be knowledgeable in child development and how it might impact our program (Be in a position to help TAs in a practical way.)
• Genuine and amiable communication style – the job requires a lot of communication (electronic and face to face) with teaching artists, staff and classroom teachers as well as the ability to give constructive performance feedback to teaching artists.
• Exceptional organizational skills for prioritizing and tracking multiple projects
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
• Willingness to embrace a wide scope of tasks.
What is Ideal:
• You have your own car.
• Ability to see long-term vision for the program and be willing to bring ideas to the table if currently practices aren’t working or can be improved.
• Knowledge of common budgeting practices.
Salary and Schedule:
You will work both in the office and out at school sites (primarily SF and East Bay), interacting with Z Space staff, school personnel, teaching artists and students. Compensation & hours: 10-20 hours per week based on program needs, averaging 60 hours per month, $1500 monthly salary.
Please send: a resume and a non-generic cover letter that tells us why you’re interested in this particular position to Jill MacLean at firstname.lastname@example.org with “YA Program Associate Application” in the subject line.
[Deadline: September 1st, 2015, 5pm]