Whether you are an modern ballet with elaborately sculpted set pieces, a beautifully intricate string quartet performing with a video artist, an independent film wanting to avoid a small rundown theatre or a stand up comedian performing solo, Z Space is one of the premier venues in the nation for staging your performance. With our majestic 40-foot high ceilings, crystal clear sound system with multimedia capabilities, and professional staff, it's our aim to give you the tools for your artistic endeavor to be a success. Artists and organizations interested in having Z Space host their performances should see the Rental Policies and Rental Application sections below.
In addition to arts presentations, Z Space will consider daily rentals for corporate events, personal parties (including weddings), and other events on a case-by-case basis. Please direct inquiries of this type to our Operations Manager Jack Morse, at email@example.com.
Take a virtual, three-dimension tour of our main stage courtesy of Google Maps.
OUR BEAUTIFUL BUILDING AND STAGE
Photos by Alexandra Farias
Z Space is committed to being a catalyst for outstanding new works, a passion that influences our policies for rentals and bookings. As opposed to rental processes that are ‘first come, first served,’ Z Space accepts proposals for use of our 229 seat theater in a competitive Curated Rental Program. Preference is given to proposals that match Z Space’s mission, and that fit some or all of the following:
1. The interested party is a non-profit arts organization or individual artist.
2. The rental is for a world premiere or regional premiere performance.
3. The rental helps build a season that represents a diversity of form and style in a contemporary aesthetic.
4. The renting artist and/or organization demonstrates capacity to utilize the potential of our venue and the resources at Z Space.
Because of demand, Z Space books 12-16 months in advance. Please pay close attention to your date preferences in your proposal.
Z Space books rentals in full week blocks (Monday – Sunday) for exclusive engagements only, no exceptions.
It is up to the renter to determine how many performances to undertake in a week, and how to schedule time in preparation for performances. Requests for multiple week bookings will be considered. In addition to the exclusive use of the theater space and equipment for the week, Z Space provides house management and on-site box office staff, internet-based marketing support, inclusion in the season press release, pre-production technical and staffing support, one technician during production, and audience survey / box office analysis post show.
Rental rates discussed during the application process.
When submitting your proposal, please include the following:
- contact information: company name, contact name, phone number, email address
- a brief one-page or less project description
- which dates you are interested in booking (see note above about 12-16 month advance notice).
- a 3-5 minute DVD or online link to past work or work in progress
- a review of past work or letter of support
- total projected project expense budget. Example projected total: $40,000. We do not need detail.
All proposals must be e-mailed or mailed to Production Director Drew Yerys at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
attn: Drew Yerys
499 Alabama St #450
San Francisco, CA 94110
DOWNLOAD TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Exhibit C: Z SpaceTechnical Inventory
Z Space Technical Info Packet
Please contact Production Director Drew Yerys at email@example.com